I haven't mentioned how great the food is here! Every place we've ever gone in Mexico we've managed to find the cheapest, best food. Basically through trial and error. Last week however, we spent too much money on places that just weren't worth it so now it's just hole in the walls for us!
For instance, on Mondays here in Avandaro (just outside Valle) there is a market in the town square. Great taco stands! The other day we each got two beef + french fry tacos (they put the papas in the taco) and a beer for the equivalent of $4. That's 4 tacos and 2 beers! And what would we pay for that in Palm Springs?!
Then yesterday we found the best tiny place downtown where I got a breast of chicken, rice and beans covered in chipoltle sauce with papaya water and Mike got meatballs, rice, etc. for about $2 each. It was fantastic! Hmmm, I must be hungry. It is about lunchtime.
And as a bonus we met a man who speaks perfect English while we were eating. He came to our table to help us order because we weren't understanding too well. Mike placed a book with him and after lunch we stopped by his business to visit some more.
I'm putting some new pictures on Flickr today. The link is somewhere on the right hand column. Hope everyone is well. Thanks for the occassional emails and blog comments!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmmm... I could go for a taco & beer right now... for $4 :)
Post a Comment