Sunday, June 21, 2009

Avandaro

Did I say last time that it had quit raining? Seems as if it's started up again. :) For the last week everyday around 2 PM or so it starts up. Hard! I will try to put a little video of a downpour on my flickr site later. I must admit I'm content to stay in the house when this begins! Last evening we went to a brother's house for pizza and had to drive the windy Lake road home in the rain. Kind of scary to me. But I'm old; if I was younger I might think it was great fun!

The "suburb" of Valle that we live in is called Avandaro. The Lake is also called Lago Avandaro.
It's a perplexing area as far as service goes. The ultra rich of Mexico City have their weekend houses out here. Kind of like Palm Springs. So, the only days we can catch people in these homes is basically on Sat. because they drive home Sunday morning. We try every Saturday to get to speak to these home owners. Mostly the housekeepers tell us they "are eating" or "sleeping" or some such reason that we can't talk to them. We have printed out some nice business-like letters to give to the housekeepers to give to the owners, with a tract enclosed and an invitation and contact phone numbers, etc. If anyone else has an idea on how to get to talk to these people, let us know!

Well Michael has the talk in a while and we need to eat before we go. Have I mentioned that meat isn't very good here in Mexico? Chicken is very good, beef.....just tastes really old. Pork, forget about it. So our menu consists of a roasted chicken one day, chicken soup the next day, maybe spicy hot dogs or sausage one day and since hamburger isn't too bad, I make spaghetti once a week. A big batch so we can eat it two days. That's what we're having today. Kind of a boring diet at home but we try to throw in a few cheap lunches in town for some variety! And of course, the veggies are very good.

Hope all is well with everyone. Write if you get a chance!

No comments: