I was finally able to go skiing last Wed. I and two other sisters had been trying to coordinate a day that would work for all of us plus it had to be a beautiful day.....we are fair weather skiiers only! Wed. fit the bill exactly. Unfortuantely one of our group had to deal with health issues with her Dad and couldn't go with us, but Heidi and I went anyway because we had already made the arrangements.
We went to Sugar Bowl which is by Donner Lake just over the border in California. About an hour and 15 minutes from Reno. In all my years of skiing around Tahoe I had never been there. It is a very nice resort! The snow was perfect, the ski was bluer than blue and the sun was out. What more could you ask for?! Oh yeah, and my ticket was free!
I find skiing to be like riding a bike. I don't think it's something you forget how to do. I haven't been for 2 yrs. but was able to ski non-stop for a couple of hours. Then I decided not to push it and ate lunch and sat in the sun for another hour while Heidi kept skiing. Her son came with us too. He sat with me and waited for his Mom. A very nice day was had by all!
On our day of skiing it was 65 degrees in Reno and about 55 up on the mountain. On Sunday we had a record breaking snowfall here in Reno! 1 to 2 feet in town depending on where you live. Crazy. And the really funny thing was that it didn't stick very much to the roads. Maybe the pavement was heated up by the days of warm weather preceeding the storm. At any rate, we had no meeting on Sunday :( This afternoon it's supposed to start snowing again, but we'll see on that.
Our daughter Brooke and her hubby Carl are flying in on Sunday afternoon for a week of skiing at Tahoe. We will take them up Sunday afternoon and we get to spend the night at their time-share. That should be fun!
Hope all is well with everyone no matter where you are!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment