I wasn't kidding about not posting very often any more.....it's been almost a month! But I know some of our friends keep up with us via our blog so I'll try to catch you up.
January was a cold wintery month which makes sense, since it is winter! On the days we couldn't go in service we both worked on our "projects" for bringing in some income. My home companion agency is very slow but the owner had the idea that she could refer actual nursing cases to me as an independent nursing contractor. So, I got all the necessary licenses ($) and insurance ($) made some cards and a free website and I R in business! http://www.renohomenurse.com/
Fran, the owner of the the home companion agency has gotten me two little gigs, as she calls them, so far. One I do every week until the family decides otherwise. I set up a ladies pill box for the week, scour the house for where she has stashed the pills, pick up prescriptions and advise the family on what's going on with their Mom. Mom is a very nice lady with Alzheimers that doesn't remember anything from one minute to the next. And she has 13 cats! Last week she gave away a new full bottle of Nexium to someone.....we don't know who or where.
Yesterday I drove waaayyyy out into north Sparks to assess an elderly lady for admission to an assisted living facility in California. It didn't dawn on me how old she was until I got home....she was born in 1915! Sharp as a tack with a few health issues but she still enjoys life.
Jess and her Michael were in Michael's younger sister's wedding on Sat. Everyone was lovely and it was a very nice affair. About 75 people at a local hotel. We were real party poopers. Left after dinner because Mr. Mikey was about asleep in his soup! We just disappeared out the side door and no one missed us at all. Well, maybe a few people. :)
We have a couple congregation members in hospitals today so now we're off to do a few visits. Hope everyone is well!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment